Even though concrete appears to be very durable, it can crack and weather like other building materials. If your concrete has become damaged, to prevent more damage it is vital to understand what:
- caused the damage
- can be done to restore the concrete function
- beautify or improve its appearance.
The concrete specialists from our sister company, Concrete Repair Specialists, can provide concrete inspections to determine the cause of damage or defective, sub-standard, concrete work and offer options to restore or replace damaged concrete. We charge for onsite inspections, an amount that is credited to your account if you engage us to handle your concrete work.
Decorative Concrete PGH (Pittsburgh) is located just north of Pittsburgh and serves the Southwestern Pennsylvania area. To learn more about how we can help you evaluate concrete at your business or home, contact us today.
Common Issues Found During Concrete Inspections
Here are some examples of common cracks that appear in concrete.
- Crazing from over troweling, cement dusting to speed drying (1), or surfaces formed with impermeable materials(2)
- Cracks caused temperature-related contraction (3)
- Plastic shrinkage cracks caused when drying occurs too quickly and low rates of bleeding.
- Plastic settlement cracks (7,8,9) caused by excess bleeding and too fast, early drying.
Once a problem, which often appears as a crack, is identified there are a variety of options for repairing concrete, depending on the status of the crack. Knowledge, experience and continuous training are what set Concrete Repair Specialists apart from other concrete companies. We have the qualifications, training, and experience to provide expert safety and inspection for both commercial and residential owners concerned with issues relating to concrete.
Why should Concrete Repair Specialists be your first choice for concrete inspections?
- CRS uses the latest technology
- CRS uses the latest products
- CRS has the best skill set
When concrete repairs are being made, that is an excellent time to consider improving its appearance by adding a stamped or colored overlay. Contact us for beautiful concrete!